TheatreWorks is committed to making theatre accessible to all, including our community’s children and families living with Autism Spectrum Disorders and other sensory and social sensitivities, and we are delighted to be offering our first sensory-sensitive performance.
Around the World in 80 Days
Wednesday, Dec 27 at 7:30pm
Lucie Stern Theatre, Palo Alto
Join fearless adventurer Phileas Fogg and his faithful valet in the original “Great Race,” circling the globe in an 1870s alive with danger, romance, and comic surprises at every turn. In the hilariously theatrical style of The 39 Steps, five actors portray dozens of characters in a thrilling race against time and treachery. Grab your family, and your passport, for an ingenious, imaginative expedition around the world!
(This show is best enjoyed by children ages 6 and up.)
Sensory-sensitive performances are designed to create an experience that can be shared and enjoyed by all. Accommodations for these performances include:
- A reduction in lighting and sound effects that may be considered jarring or startling
- Modification of the house lights during the performance
- Patrons are free to talk or leave your seats during the performance
- Access to resource materials to prepare for your visit
- Extra staff on hand at the theatre
- A judgment-free, no-shush zone
Seating at this performance will be general admission and discounted off the regular full price.
For more information or to purchase tickets, contact the Box Office at 650.463.1960 or firstname.lastname@example.org.